"""Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service
Course Information Sheet 2022 -2023
Course Title: Families Sing and Sign
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at parents /learners who would like to learn how to Sing and Sign with you child, your child will recognise important words sooner and can use the signs to “talk” to you before speech
Do you gain any qualifications?
This course runs over five weeks, It is not accredited.
Do you need to be interviewed or assessed before enrolling on the course?
No. Please note it is important that you turn up for the lesson on time and that you are responsible for
your children at all times within the session.
You will learn to: -
Signing with Sing and Sign is easy because we make it fun to learn! Your child will recognise important words sooner and can use the signs to “talk” to you before speech
• Develops creative thinking and motor skills
• Encourages further bonding and understanding of your child
• A great foundation for speech and language learning
Essential equipment and resources
• Writing Pens x 2
• A4 writing paper
• Internet access
• 30 minutes
• A space to be creative with you child
• Current email address or mobile number that emails and resources can be sent to.
You can progress onto our courses in the following areas - Careers for All, Health and Wellbeing, Families Program or Culture and Creative Program.
Preparation for the course-
• Ensure you have run zoom on your mobile or laptop prior to the session
• Join the session 5 minutes before to ensure that video and audio is working """