"Course Title : Getting to know your Urban Garden
Venue: Online (via Zoom)
Dates: 10am-noon on Thursdays June 9th, June 16th, June 23rd, June 30th, July 7th 2022,
Who is the course for? This series of five, weekly 2-hour online workshops is aimed at anyone with an interest in growing - whether you have an allotment, a garden, a balcony or just some indoor space that you want to brighten up with plants. If you’ve tried and failed, this course is aimed at getting you back on track to gardening glory and harvesting heaven. The course will have an emphasis on edible plants, but will touch a little upon ornamental and houseplants plants too.
Do you gain any qualifications?
Do you need to be interviewed or assessed before enrolling on the course?
What will you learn?
You will learn numerous aspects about gardening and each session will zoom into a different topic including:
● Understanding soil and composting
● Plant basics - what they are, how they ‘work’ and what they need to survive
● Propagation - how to bring seeds and cuttings to life – including ones from your own kitchen
● Understanding and dealing with common pests, diseases and weeds
● Harvesting and enjoying your produce
Essential equipment and resources
● Notebook and writing materials
● A computer of device with online access to Zoom
You can enrol onto our Community Gardening courses, Plant ID workshops, Gardening Skills Level 1 or one of the many creative courses available. Please see our prospectus and website for the full list of courses available"