"""Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service
Course Information Sheet 2021-2022
Course Title: Basic First Aid Awareness for Families
Who is the course for?
This is a course for anyone who is interested to know about first aid and how to recognise signs, symptoms and possible treatments in the event of an emergency. This is an adult only course. Please arrive on time and attend each lesson.
Do you gain any qualifications?
No – this course is not accredited but you will receive an attendance certificate for successfully attending 80 % all the sessions.
Do you need to be interviewed or assessed before enrolling on the course?
No. Please note this course is not a first aid qualification
You will learn to: -
• Implement CPR
• deal with a choking casualty
• place a patient in the recovery position
• bandage correctly and deal with bleeding
• identify signs and symptoms, heart attacks, stroke, head injuries, broken bones, shock and anaphylaxis
• identify symptoms of diabetes
• deal with seizures and burns
Essential equipment and resources
• Writing Pens x 2
• A4 writing paper
• Coloured dividers
• A4 folder to keep all your work
• Internet access of laptop or mobile phone.
You can progress onto our courses in the following areas:
Careers for All, Health and Wellbeing, Families Program or Culture and Creative Program.
Preparation for the course
-Ensure you have run zoom on your mobile or laptop prior to the session
-Join the session 5 minutes before to ensure that video and audio is working""