"Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service
Workshop Information Sheet 2022- 2023
Workshop Title: Let's explore Mindful Art- Families Learning Together
Who is the course for?
This workshop is for anyone who is interested to know how they can support their children in learning and having fun through creative activities. This is a workshop for adults and children. Using art as a mindfulness tool can provide a uniquely accessible opportunity to let the mind wander freely while focusing attention on a simple, engaging task. Mindfulness and art are a popular form of therapy for young people. Mindfulness-based art therapy brings together mindfulness and artistic expression in which the process of creating is the important part, not the finished product.
Do you gain any qualifications?
Do you need to be interviewed or assessed before enrolling on the course?
You will learn:
• About mindfulness through art
• Engage your children in learning through art
• To enjoy the process of creating
• How to be present through mindful art
• How much fun and interaction you can have being creative with your children
Essential equipment and resources
• Internet access
• Notebook and pen
• A space to be creative with you child
Preparation for the course
Ensure you have run Zoom on your mobile or laptop prior to the session
• Join the session 5 minutes before to ensure that video and audio is working
You can progress onto our courses in the following areas - Careers for All, Health and Wellbeing, Families’ Programme or Culture and Creative Programme.""""""