"""""""""""""""This is a blended delivery course meaning that some sessions will take place face-to-face in the classroom and some will take place online. You will need a working internet connection and computer with which you can attend log into a zoom session in order to attend the online sessions. Course Title: Start Collage
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for learners who have had some painting and/or drawing experience and would like to explore a mixed media approach to making exciting images.
With its foundations in Surrealism and Dadaism, what was once a convention-defying practice has maintained a voice for generations. Equipped with a craft knife, paintbrush or scissors, a collage artist's toolkit is as varied as their output and this course investigates the varied ways of making collages.
Explore and combine a variety of collage techniques using found images, drawing, painting, printing and paper to create unexpectedly beautiful or powerful images in this experimental beginners workshop.
Do you gain any qualifications?
No – this course is not accredited.
Do you need to be interviewed or assessed before enrolling on the course?
What will you learn?
• This class aims to introduce you to mixed-media and composition, with a variety of materials and found images using the manipulation of collage, print and paper.
• You will experiment with materials, processes and image-making in an expressive way
• How artists use exciting approaches using found images and surfaces.
Essential equipment and resources
• Magazines, journals, newspapers, photographs, any found decorative/wrapping paper or card. Paper suitable for drawing and painting (heavy watercolour paper or cartridge is ideal).
• Adhesive (Prittstick, PVA, craft glue or Photomount)
Optional equipment and resources
• Basic watercolour paint-sets or indi"