"Please note – it is planned for this course to be delivered in the classroom however due to COVID-19 it may be necessary to change this to online learning or otherwise amend the course, should increased restrictions make face-to-face teaching impossible. Course title: Shibori
This course is for anyone wanting to develop a range of samples exploring the Shibori resist method of dyeing
You will cover?
• How to make a dye bath
• How to fold, pleat, stitch and wrap fabric
• How to create a range of samples
What will you need for the course?
• Note book and pen to make notes
• Scraps of silk, cotton, linen (only natural fabric)
• Fine sharp scissors
• Needles/threads for sewing
• Rubber bands
• Rubber gloves/apron
• Plastic bags/sandwich bags to transport your work home
Progression: you can enrol onto many of the creative courses available, felt-jewellery, silk-painting, soft furnishing, ceramics, drawing, printmaking, watercolours, life/portrait drawing etc. Please see our prospectus and website for the full list of courses available