Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service
Course Information Sheet 2022-2023
Course Title: Develop Watercolour Painting – BLENDED
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for learners who have had some painting and/or drawing experience and would like to explore a mixed media approach to making exciting images.
"This is a blended delivery course meaning that some sessions will take place face-to-face in the classroom and some will take place online. You will need a working internet connection and computer with which you can attend log into a zoom session in order to attend the online sessions.
With its foundations in Surrealism and Dadaism, what was once a convention-defying practice has maintained a voice for generations. Equipped with a craft knife, paintbrush or scissors, a collage artist's toolkit is as varied as their output and this course investigates the varied ways of making collages.
Explore and combine a variety of collage techniques using found images, drawing, painting, printing and paper to create unexpectedly beautiful or powerful images in this experimental beginners workshop.
Do you need to be interviewed or assessed before enrolling on the course?
What will you learn?
• This class aims to introduce you to mixed-media and composition, with a variety of materials and found images using the manipulation of collage, print and paper.
• You will experiment with materials, processes and image-making in an expressive way
• How artists use exciting approaches using found images and surfaces.
Essential equipment and resources
• Magazines, journals, newspapers, photographs, any found decorative/wrapping paper or card. Paper suitable for drawing and painting (heavy watercolour paper or cartridge is ideal).
• Adhesive (Prittstick, PVA, craft glue or Photomount).
Optional equipment and resources
• Pencil, Brushes, basic watercolour paint set.