"Please note – it is planned for this course to be delivered in the classroom however due to COVID-19 it may be necessary to change this to online learning or otherwise amend the course, should increased restrictions make face-to-face teaching impossible. Course Title: Garment Making: Level 1
If you can already use a sewing machine, This course will teach you how to make a simple garment such as a skirt, dress or pair of trousers. This course is ideal if you already know how to use a sewing machine. This course is accredited
You will cover:
• NCFE Level 1 award in Creative Craft (Textiles)
• produce a folder showing the techniques you have learnt
• complete homework to support the completion of a folder
• research to cover some aspects
• work independently and problem solve, although your tutor is always available to provide guidance
• Please only book on this course if you are able to complete a folder for assessment.
Essential equipment and resources
• Paper Scissors and fabric scissors, tape measure, ruler, pencils, pins, a folder to store notes, pen and note-book
You do not need to complete an assessment. However, to complete this course you need to be able to read and write English fluently, at least to Entry 3 level. It is also desirable that you have completed a previous non-accredited textiles or fashion course. Please note that if you have already completed a Level 1 accredited course in Fashion/Textiles with Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service you are not able to register on another Level 1 accredited course in Fashion/Textiles "