"Please note – it is planned for this course to be delivered in the classroom however due to COVID-19 it may be necessary to change this to online learning or otherwise amend the course, should increased restrictions make face-to-face teaching impossible. Course Title: Collage Decoupage
Course Description: Learn how to cover plain items such as mirror & picture frames, small pieces of furniture or storage boxes with colourful images. Or create beautiful artworks for framing & hanging up. Or add some work to your textile portfolio.
You will cover:
• Selecting your basic tools, items & textiles & getting started
• How to choose your inspiration & finalising your theme
• Working safely with your resources: glue, varnish, blades etc
• Experimenting with various resources & developing your own techniques
You may wish to bring some of the following items if you have them:
• Papers, fabrics & textiles (new & recycled)
• Fabric scissors, paper scissors, PVA, wallpaper glue & brushes
• Coloured tissue papers, magazines, fabric remnants & newspapers
• Inspiration: books, postcards, other artists work etc
If you have any suitable papers, magazines, unwanted books, photographs & fabric remnants – please feel free to bring them in.
This course is suitable for beginners and those with more experience of collage decoupage.