"""This is a blended delivery course meaning that some sessions will take place face-to-face in the classroom and some will take place online. You will need a working internet connection and computer with which you can attend log into a zoom session in order to attend the online sessions. Course Title: Art: Drawing Techniques
Course Description: Relax and learn new skills. The course will help you plan and compose successful images, experimenting with various drawing techniques. This course is suitable for all abilities, especially beginners and those that are rusty.
You will discover that drawing with pen, pencils or pastels will help develop your work with a greater understanding of what makes an interesting, successful image. Learning to look is so important to drawing and you will emerge from this course with enhanced observational skills.
You will cover various drawing techniques including:
• Using various media including pencils, pastels, charcoal, pen, inks and paints
• Line, tone, light, texture, perspective, washes, paper preparation
• Colour theory and practice and mark making
• Wax resist and lifting out
You may want to bring some of the following equipment if you have it
• 2 or 3b Pencil, an apron
• One or two brushes suitable
• Coloured pastels(soft and/or oil)
• A2 Portfolio/folder to store and display coursework and A3 paper
You will benefit more from this course if you are able to take simple notes and measurements
This course may not be suitable for learners with SEN – please enquire first.