"Course Title: ‘Park Life – get to know the natural history of Leyton Jubilee Park’
When: Five weekly sessions (all Wednesdays, 10am-1pm)
Autumn Term 2021: September 15, 22, 29, October 6, 13
Spring Term 2022: February 23, March 2, 9, 16, 23
Summer Term 2022: April 20, 27, May 4, 11, 18
Summer Term 2022: June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13
Leyton Jubilee Park, London E10
Who is the course for?
Anyone interested in getting to know Leyton Jubilee Park really well.
Over the 5 sessions, you’ll learn about the wildlife of the park as well as the folklore, identification and uses of some of its varied plant life.
There will also be the chance to carry out some essential maintenance within the park to make it even greener, so this course suits anyone who want to make a lasting difference to their local area whilst learning about it.
Do you gain any qualifications?
Do you need to be interviewed or assessed before enrolling on the course?
What will you learn?
You will learn:
● How to recognise & identify common wild plants (including trees, shrubs and herbs) and to understand that plants have ‘siblings’ and ‘cousins’
● Some of the ways that plants benefit us and other animals
● Elements of the history, folklore and names of common plants
● Some aspects of the natural history and ecology of the park
● Practical and basic woodland management and gardening skills
Essential equipment and resources
● Suitable footwear and clothing for outdoor sessions
● Notebook and writing materials
● Drinking water
● Hand sanitizer and a face mask (in case you need to enter a park building)
● If specialist items are required, they will be provided (e.g. tools and gloves)
You can progress onto our other Horticulture courses, such as Level 1 Gardening in Lloyd Park, Walthamstow. We also offer courses in arts, crafts, fashion, and many more.
Please see our website for more information: www.lbwfadultlearning.co.uk
Telephone: 020 8496 2974