"Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service
Workshop Information Sheet 2021-2022
Workshop Title: Let's explore Ink Art On Tiles - Families Learning Together
Who is the course for?
This workshop is for anyone who is interested to know how they can support their children 3-11 years old in learning and having fun through creative activities. This is a workshop for adults and children.
This online art course for 8-15 year olds will explore ink blowing which is a famous Chinese skill originated from 1980. The main material we used is ink. we started our work on the painting only with paper, ink and straws. Blowing the ink to draw the plum tree and using fingers with red ink to draw the plum flowers are the main steps to finish an ink blowing.
Do you gain any qualifications?
Do you need to be interviewed or assessed before enrolling on the course?
You will also learn:
• How to work with your children to create various art and crafts
• Recognise learning in everyday activities
• Engage your children in learning through art
• To be creative and innovative with your children
• Problem solving through art
• How much fun and interaction you can have being creative with your children
Essential equipment and resources
• Internet access
• Notebook and pen
• A space to be creative with you child
Preparation for the course
Ensure you have run Zoom on your mobile or laptop prior to the session
• Join the session 5 minutes before to ensure that video and audio is working
You can progress onto our courses in the following areas - Careers for All, Health and Wellbeing, Families’ Programme or Culture and Creative Programme."