"Please note – it is planned for this course to be delivered in the classroom however due to COVID-19 it may be necessary to change this to online learning or otherwise amend the course, should increased restrictions make face-to-face teaching impossible. Course Title: Asian Garment Making Intermediate
Course Description: This course could help you progress to employment, self-employment or equip you with the skills for future employment or further learning.
Course Information: this course is for:
• Anyone with little or no prior knowledge of Asian style garment making.
• Anyone who wants to learn basic garment making techniques.
• Anyone who wants to practise existing skills and broaden their understanding of tailoring techniques, using a mixture of machine and hand sewing.
What will you learn?
• Key elements of the garment construction
• Simple pattern drafting
• Basic design principles for the garment
• Colour theory and importance of colour scheme for the garment
You will learn basic sewing skills and machine techniques to complete your garment as well as measuring figure, drafting a self-size pattern & cutting
Essential equipment and resources
• Different types of fabrics, Fabric for sample garment
• Haberdashery items (interlining, thread, bias binding, buttons, lace, ribbons, etc.
• Fabric scissors, Paper scissors, pins, tape measure, tailors chalk or pencil, hand-sewing needles, matching thread, ring-binder, plastic sleeves
Optional equipment and resources - Embellishment: decorative lace, piping, beads etc