"""This is an online delivery course meaning that all sessions will take place online. You will need a working internet connection and computer with which you can log into a zoom session in order to attend online sessions. Course Title: Drawing from Nature
Course Description: Relax and learn new skills. This course is for learners who would like an introduction to drawing from observation; we will explore techniques and materials to make work inspired by a variety of natural subject matter.
During this 5 week course we will:
• Draw in line – using contour lines to show the shape and detail of a structure
• Draw in 3D – using shading to show form
• Render textures – look at how to describe the surface of your subject matter
• Look at a variety of subject matter including dried seeds, leaves, feathers and fresh produce
• You will have group tuition, demonstrations and one to one support
Basic materials will be provided.
It is advisable to wear old clothes and/or bring an apron as some sessions may be messy.
Suitable for beginners who would like to try drawing and the more experienced who have had a break from drawing from direct observation.
This course may not be suitable for learners with SEN – please enquire first.
Progression: you can enrol onto many of the creative courses available, printmaking, mixed-media, garment making, ceramics etc. Please see our prospectus and website for the full list of courses available